HAPPY TURKEY DAY FRIENDS!!!
Tradition at the McDonald house was broken this year. We almost always have Thanksgiving together with all of our extended family, and it literally looks like something out of Southern Living. However, with family moving this way and that, we had a family dinner plus Rick (obviously family as well) and we had a feast worthy of the Food Network. As it does for many people, Thanksgiving has made me really reflect on what I’m thankful for and since there’s 28 days leading up to TG, here’s 28 things I’m grateful for! Some of my favorite bloggers started this trend so I figured I’d jump on the bandwagon ;).
1. I’m thankful for my families. All of my families. My biological one, my school one, my youth group one, my mission trip one, there’s so many, and a lot of people cannot say that.
2. I am thankful for friendships. For the people that laugh with me, tease me, let me tease them, talk to me, listen to me, offer me a shoulder to cry on when I need it, offer advice. It makes me feel more loved than any of them will ever know.
3. I’m thankful for the game of marbles. Some of my favorite memories are playing that game with family and friends.
4. I’m so thankful for this summers mission trip to Jamaica. I am who I am because of the trip, and I found a second home there.
5. Stemming off of number four, I’m so thankful for both warm and filtered water after my trip. In many places they are luxuries.
6. I am thankful for a beautiful home that keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
7. I am thankful for food. Nuff said.
8. I am thankful for a mom that makes the food better than a gourmet chef!
9. I am thankful for where I live. The more rural parts of Georgia can be hard to live in because of gas expenses, but the drives, runs, walks and any time spent outside in general are breathtaking and scenic.
10. If you follow me on Instagram, you know how thankful I am for a beautiful sky. Sunrises and sunsets are Gods paintings.
11. I am thankful for my health and that people dedicate their lives to helping others get well.
12. I am thankful for the sport of soccer.
13. I am thankful for the ability to run and play sports. Not only do these make me healthier and happier, but they offer great memories, bonding with team mates, and a way to clear a crowded mind.
14. I’m thankful for good books that pull us into other places and capture our attention.
15. I’m thankful for a cozy bed that I can sleep soundly in every night.
16. I’m thankful for almost every kind of music, and I am so happy God gave me the ability to praise Him in singing and playing instruments.
17. I’m thankful for my guitar and my ukulele. There’s no better way to relax than strumming at the end of the day.
18. I’m thankful for footie pajamas, fuzzy socks, slippers, and fleece blankets, all of which supply maximum comfort.
19. I’m thankful for animals, especially dogs. Even though their barks can make you wish you were deaf, they are great companions and are experts in the art of cuddling!
20. I’m thankful for my education. Even though me and my class can be pretty hard on our school at times, I am happy I go to a tight knit school where I can practice my faith.
21. I’m grateful for my Catholic faith. Without it I would be beyond lost and confused. Having the relationship I have with God through my faith is what makes me who I am, and I am so blessed to have that.
22. I’m thankful for my parents who work hard to make the best choices for me and look out for me.
23. I’m thankful for having exactly three sisters and one brother, and for being both and older and younger sister. Each of my relationships with them is unique and constantly growing.
24. I’m thankful for catching up with people you haven’t seen in awhile. Whether it be in person, on Skype, a long phone call or snail mail!
25. I’m thankful to live in America, a place that fights for freedom.
26. I’m thankful for the troops that defend us and risk their lives to protect this country.
27. I’m thankful for art and creativity, and that I can use different forms of these to express myself and show my passions.
28. I’m grateful that there’s more than 28 things to be grateful for.
OOHH, and I’m thankful for pictures :).